Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Wanderlust : Study Abroad Summer 2004

Confession:  I have an obsession with seeing the world.  I read blogs daily written by expats or those two travel constantly.  I am jealous of them and their opportunities to travel this amazing planet.  Therefore I am starting a series that will document my travels.  Some are exciting, some are not.  I intend to make a life of it and will continue to add to this as I go.

It all started one day when, in the middle of my English literature class during the last semester of my senior year of college, a man walked in and announced this program.  We had the opportunity to travel to Oxford, England and study abroad for the summer.  I didn't even have to think twice.  I signed up immediately. During that trip, I was able to visit the Lake District, Ireland, England, Scotland, and Paris.  That's when the travel bug bit me.

Of course, I was ill-prepared in the photo documentation department for this trip.  I can't remember if I actually had a point-and-shoot or if I used disposable cameras (for shame) - complete with time stamp right on the image.  Regardless, here is a very small taste of what I saw and did.

Edinbourgh, Scotland




Blenheim Palace - England


Ireland









Paris, France


















Obviously, I took waaaay more pictures than what I am showing here.  These are the only photos out of 565 that I am not completely embarrassed to post.  I will give you one guess as to why it is imperative that I return to these places.

In any case, this is where it all started for me.  My unquenchable thirst for travel.  Ah, fond memories.



No comments:

Post a Comment